Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chicago here I come!



With just over a week till the Ard Boyz Finals I have been going crazy with practicing & getting myself ready for the Tournament. Sadly they have the Ard Boyz Finals only two weeks after school starts so I have all of that going on also, but lucky for me I have a job that allows me to play Warhammer 40k at work so its not a complete loss.


Games Workshop has informed me that they will not be announcing the missions till the day of the tournament so sadly I have no idea what they will be like. I tried & tried to get a sneak peak at them but no luck. I have a solid well rounded list so i'm not to worried about it.


I'm going into this tournament expecting to win. Why would you expect to win you ask? I feel its important to go into every tournament thinking this way. You need to have confidence that you can slam everyone else. It helps a lot. You cant just go in there all cocky though because that's when you start to make mistakes.


I'm also going to be following some of the rules that I have talked about in my blog. These rules have brought me success in the past, and i'm sure they will do so again at the Ard Boyz Finals. Some of the rules that I make sure I follow are:


Practice, Practice, Practice....

Stick to the plan...

Go over the Math...

Play Fast, Think Faster...

Play the mission not the Player...

Reserve...

Hide...

Objective Placement...


Look at topics in the Archives for examples of how I define these rules.


There are also many more rules that I make sure I follow, but I have not gone over them yet. I will be going over more of the rules that I use to win Tournaments very soon.



1 comment: